Tuesday, April 29, 2014
When I was little, I used to want to be a Veterinarian, mostly because I loved being around animals. As I grew older, I still loved animals but grew out of wanting to be a vet. Once I got into my junior year of high school, I realized I needed to really start thinking about what I was going to do with my life. I eventually decided to go into the Accounting and Finance field. I knew I wanted to work with a big company or firm, with an office. Typical corporate America. After my first child was born, my whole view on what I wanted to do and where I wanted to work changed. I still wanted to bring home an income, of course. I just wanted to do it from home. I didn't want to miss any of my children's school functions or sporting events. I didn't want to have to go through the hassle of taking a day off for my child being sick or taking them to doctor's appointments. Being part of corporate America wouldn't have given me that freedom. That's when I decided I wanted to own my own business.
There are so many benefits to owning your own business and these are my top five.
1. Flexibility - You can work when you want. You don't have to get approval to take your child to the doctor. You can schedule your own hours around your children's activities. You can work as much or as little as you want.
2. Job security - As long as you choose to keep your business going, you will always have that peace of mind knowing you will be receiving an income. No unexpected lay-offs, unemployment or not knowing how you are going to provide for your family. Your business is always there as long as you want it to be.
3. Confidence - Growing your own business means you are working for yourself and no one else. You aren't working so many hours a day to please someone and make money for them. You are growing and working your business for you and your family. You set goals and once you reach them, that pushes you to work harder for yourself and your family. You get that confidence boost in yourself that a typical job wouldn't give.
4. Helping others - You are helping others see the potential in themselves. You give them leadership and encouragement to help them reach there dreams. Knowing you've given someone the tools to take charge of their life and dreams is a great feeling!
5. What you are leaving you children - Not only are you leaving your children your business legacy, you are teaching them to go after their dreams! You are teaching them, that no matter what obstacles they face, push forward toward their dreams!
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living? - Bob Marley
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
My name is Ashley, I have 3 beautiful babies that are absolutely my world. Maddie, Lexi and baby Kael. I'm a WAHM and I love being home with my babies. Gas prices rising and the expensive cost of childcare, finding a job outside of the home was barely and option, whatever income I made would go to cover the cost of childcare and gas. That was not worth someone else raising my children. Then I found this amazing wellness company, that not only gave me the option to stay home with my babies and earn an income, but to provide cleaner safer products for them as well! It has opened my eyes to the lifestyle we were living before, all the different chemicals that were going into our bodies, ranging from the food we were eating to the everyday products that were used around the house! Now that I know there are much better options for my family, with this blog I hope to be able to reach other families and help them find safer, healthier options as well!